Email Archiving is a strong and proven cloud enabled email archiving solution. The service enables you to archive, search and retrieve all emails sent and received from your company’s email ids without your users being aware. It also provides quick access to your past communication in a secured manner The emails get logged into a central archival system in their original format which, in order to meet compliance regulations, cannot be altered.
What is Archival?
Email is one of your company’s most vital assets – and with global email traffic estimated to rise to 507 billion messages per day by 2013*, managing email solutions will become more challenging. E-mail archiving is an organized approach to securing and saving an email so that it can be viewed quickly at a later date. With the help of this solution you can easily save emails in order to comply with various regulatory requirements. Further, your company requires the ability to easily place legal holds on emails and conduct efficient eDiscovery, if faced with a lawsuit.
IT departments without an email archiving solution in place may find themselves spending a uneven amount of time as well as money managing a growing volume of email and responding to labor intensive search and retrieval requests from corporate compliance, legal, the office of the CIO, and company employees.
Why do i need Archival?
Cloud Archive can help meet the email management requirements of your various stakeholders:
- → Email Storage Management: The solution basically simplifies mailbox management. The IT department of your organization will be able to provide archives that can easily be searched through web browser. it is highly scalable service and allows IT to add new users at will. The size of local mail stores can be dramatically reduced improving performance of mail servers and making backup easier.
- → Cost Containment: The solution is very cost-effective and easy to set up and implement. The total cost of ownership is typically lower than a usual on-premise solution, which needs considerable up-front purchase and deployment investments as well as ongoing costs associated with administration, storage, backup, capacity management, and high availability. Costs are also predictable allowing for successful budgeting.
- → Compliance: The solution allows establishing email retention policies and also provides optional supervision and review capabilities, and makes it easy to implement legal holds. Service options are available for customers in highly regulated industries.
- → Legal Discovery: Highly developed legal discovery features let internal and external legal teams, IT and HR to work with each other and efficiently analyze and classify large volumes of email associated with litigation.
- → Knowledge management: The majority of most computer users’ information is somehow bound up in email. As a result, an email archiving system that preserves the information stored in emails will permit the organization to more effectively retain "corporate memory."
Archival Vs Backup
A nightly or other regular backup preserves a snapshot of the content available on an email server at any given time. Backups are important and clearly represent a best practice for any organization, but their purpose is to preserve email content in the event that a server fails and data needs to be restored. Backups are intended primarily as a short-term solution for the tactical purpose of restoring emails to a server.
An archive, on the other hand, captures all email, not just what was housed on the server at a given point in time. Archives are much more strategic in nature and are intended to preserve information for a variety of purposes as discussed below. Archives do not preserve just a snapshot of the data available on a server, but instead preserve a continual stream of email content
Email Archival-Features & Benefits
- Regulatory compliance and Legal Discovery.
- Encrypt your archived data to prevent unwanted access.
- Cloud enabled storage solution which expands as per your mail archival needs.
- Compatible with all leading mail server software such as qmail, exim, postfix, Microsoft exchange.
- Quick, powerful search system to retrieve archived mails.
- Archive and search both email text and attachments.
- No capex or upfront investments for any additional hardware or software.
- Auditors, legal teams, human resources, and executives can.
- User level Access to Archived data.
- Search options with different criteria Message preview and recovery.
- Download, forward and export as eml, pst and mbox format.
- Dynamic Message filters to display the messages in archive based on categories.
- Save search criteria as project and project delegation Message Tagging Archive Purge & Legal hold Reporting and System Audit.
- Forward Archive to Self.
- Access to archive from web console.
- Microsoft Exchange 2000/2003/, Postfix, Sendmail, Qmail, Exim support.